Blog. Ideas for better meetingsProfessional Meeting Facilitation
Nine Conditions For Brilliant Meetings, Workshops And Events
What have I learnt about the conditions that make the best meetings, workshops and events?
Here are my 9 tips to plan and deliver brilliant meetings:
1. The meeting, workshop or event is owned by a group of people who take sincere personal responsibility to deliver the event objectives.
2. They craft super clear objectives that address common or corporate goals in creative ways that get the results needed faster and more effectively than expected.
3. People to attend want to be there, understand their time and insight can make a difference and show up alive to possibility.
4. People participate openly and honestly. Participation and diversity is welcomed, including minority or dissenting views.
5. Every perspective is valued, and contributes towards a picture of a greater truth.
6. Energy is high. The process has physical movement as part of it, the energy is alive.
7. Spoken inputs are brief, engaging and from the heart. Formal presentations are short. 10 minutes ideally, rarely 20 minutes never over that. I’ve never heard an inspiring half hour speech.
8. Clear action intentions arise and are shared. You know the actions will happen.
9. People learn something new. About themselves, about working together and about the subject at hand. This is the moment when change can happen.
Download a zip file of these cards.